Okay, so I'm trying to figure out what lesson I am supposed to learn here.
"They" (again, who are these people?) say that there are recurrent themes in your life because you haven't yet learned the lesson you are supposed to learn.
As I have said before and you are all (you know who you are) probably tired of hearing it, I stopped volunteering at a women's shelter.
So, I met this woman who needed my help yesterday. Victim of domestic violence who doesn't speak very much English and has a small child caught in the middle of it all. I got her connected to the right folks and figured I could move on from there. The most I did when volunteering was filing and paperwork. But, it seems I am fated to play a bigger role in at least one woman's life. I will call her "Josefina".
Today, I went to pick up my daughter at school since it's the last day but I showed up an hour earlier than I should have. My mommy-programming defaulted to the time school let out for first graders.
Anyway, I decided to go pick up some goodies for the school office ladies who do so much but rarely get recognition for it. As I made my way to the store parking lot, I noticed a police car in front of the house where this lady I met lives.
I decided to do what I needed to do and check back to see if that car was still there when I was done. Well, I get a call from Josefina and she needs help. So, I tell her I'm across the street and I'll be right there.
If it had not been for me translating, the husband would have duped the officer into doing things his way. I translated and had to leave to pick up my daughter but promised Josefina I would check back before going back to work. Meanwhile, the officer asked the husband to leave and that was that.
When I checked back, she was in tears. Not because she was unhappy but because she said that she felt truly blessed and that God must really be watching over her because He sent me. I get a little worried when people start talking God but I told her that He is just giving her the resources she needs to help herself. God helps those who help themselves. I hugged her and told her I would like her to come over for dinner tomorrow.
I'm just wondering if I'm being reminded to be thankful for my life as it is today and reflect on the past. Or, if I'm being asked to take my experiences and use them to help others. I wonder.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home